Robotnacka is an autonomous mobile robot that can draw. It is primarily designed for drawing with programming language Imagine Logo. It can be used as a tool when teaching children programming. Robot was developed by a group of enthusiasts under a project financed by a company MicroStep-MIS in the years 2001 (first model) to 2005 (current version). Today, it is a finished product, ready for experimental use in selected schools. Robotnacka is built on top of a circular base of hard plastic with diameter 210mm. Two stepper motors Microcon SX 17 with plastic wheels attached on the sides are mounted on the base, and a castor wheel is mounted in the rear part for the stability. The control electronics is mounted on the base including the built-in recharger and lead maintenance-free accummulator.
The robot does not perform an autonomous activity unless it is given a command by a user from a supervising computer. Robot is connected using a virtual serial port with radio Bluetooth (BT) connection, and the software built in the robot receives and executes the navigational commands (forward, backwards, stop, etc.).
- User Guide
- ReadMe.txt - describes software control of Robotnacka
- Communication protocol in CVS protocol.pdf
- Programming in Imagine Logo and Robotnacka in Imagine
- Programming in C (Example and robotdll C library documentation
- Programming in Java (Example and Java API documentation - classes sk.robotics.Robot and sk.robotics.RemoteRobot)
- Pavel Petrovič: Robotnačka pre Imagine Logo, Proceedings to Didinfo'2005, (in Slovak) presentation(html)
- Pavel Petrovič: Mathematics with Robotnačka and Imagine Logo, Eurologo'2005, presentation(ppt)
- Dušan Ďurina, Pavel Petrovič, Richard Balogh, Robotnačka - The Drawing Robot, Robtep 2006
- Pavel Petrovič, Andrej Lúčny, Richard Balogh, Dušan Ďurina, Remotely-Accessible Robotics Laboratory, Robtep 2006.
- Richard Balogh, Practical kinematics of the differential driven mobile robot, Robtep'2007.
- Ronald Weiss, Vizuálne programovanie riadiaceho systému pre kolóniu robotov, diploma thesis at Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Bratislava, 2007 (in Slovak)
- robotman.exe - simple dialog Win32 application for controlling Robotnacka (to verify functionality)
- robotdll.dll - DLL library needed by the programs written in C/C++ that use the component robot
- Robotnacka SDK - software development kit - the package for programming the robot in Imagine, C/C++ and Java
Tips and tricks